It’s been a few days since I’ve signed into my blog (I was getting a little too ‘stats’ obsessed) so I’m just finding out now that this lovely lady has nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! Thank you so much HC!
I didn’t know too much about this award so I had to do some research, but just the name suggested that it would mean a lot to me. I am a big fan of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books (and movies) so to be a part of a real life sisterhood must be great! And besides being weirdly obsessed with the fictional characters of the aforementioned novels, I feel that we ladies should band together more often. It has been observed in girls-only schools that in the absence of their male counterparts, female students tend to take on more leadership roles and voice their opinions more frequently, making for more active learners and better personal development.
So in order to accept, I have to post the award, tell you a few things about myself and nominate other bloggers that inspire me. A few things about myself:
1. I wake up with a different random song stuck in my head every morning
2. Breakfast is my favorite meal, but I’m not a morning person
3. I don’t enjoy shoe shopping as much as I’m “supposed to”
4. I’d much rather read or scrapbook on my Friday and Saturday nights than go “out”
5. The Fourth of July is my number one favorite holiday (love fireworks!)
6. I have been satisfied enough to call only two pieces of art “complete” in my entire life: one was given to my sister as a gift, the other was auctioned off at my high school to raise money for a friend’s sibling.
7. I can’t see an animal without talking to it. In a really weird voice (obviously).
And lastly, a list of bloggers I just can’t get enough of! I’m not very vocal on all of these blogs but it’s important that they know I love their style! I hope you’ll accept, and if not, no hard feelings.
6. 365 til 30
9. My Thin Eats
10. Her New Leaf