Today is my birthday! My first happy birthday text came from my mom on March 1st saying “Happy Birthmonth Baby!”. And it really has been a whole month of celebration: my sister’s birthday is earlier in the month, and our parents are divorced so that equals an entire month of birthday celebrating!
Mondays aren’t that bad but I prefer to have my whole birthday free to do whatever I want. Since I have classes and work and other responsibilities, I decided that I would list 23 things that I would rather be doing! I love dreaming!
1. Sleeping. Until 10AM.
2. Reading Mockingjay!
3. Baking my own cake. Sounds sad but I love baking!
4. Going for a run
5. Followed by a very long, hot shower
6. Walking around downtown, looking ridiculously pretty: favorite outfit, hair blowing in the wind, etc. (“Wow, it must be that girl’s birthday” people will say. Obviously).
7. Drawing in my sketchbook
8. Finishing that painting I started… finishing any of the paintings I’ve started.
9. Finding the Dolorean so I can fast forward to Friday: dinner in Boston with the boy and Blue Man Group! (Best birthday present ever, SO EXCITED!).
10. Skipping class with my sister. I find it’s an instant mood-lifter.
11. Eating breakfast for lunch, and maybe dinner too.
12. Finding the weatherman to tell him something is wrong with the sun and he needs to fix it. It’s my day.
13. Getting a tan, once the sun is fixed.
14. Revisiting that Jerry Uelsmann exhibit at the PEM (AMAZING! Will blog more details later!)
15. Making friends with people at the dog park. I don’t have a dog so I always wondered if that would be okay. I think today it is.
16. Blogging. All day. There are so many pretty things to blog about!
17. Painting my kitchen table. It needs a face lift.
18. Giving myself a manicure
19. Getting a massage
20. Drinking tea and making this DIY Destination Frame! (Love maps!)
22. Switching my major to art and minoring in creative writing at the art school downtown.
23. Booking a flight, spontaneously (which I actually did last year! Jealous of 22 year old me.)
Who knows… the day’s just beginning.